Well, I wanted to keep posting updates regularly so that i stay on course with my list. Though not exactly, but to the maximum possible extent.
The weekend was another waste except for lots of cooking, binge watching and reading. One good thing is that my erratic sleeping hours are a bit under control. I have made new rules about food and sleep cycles.
- No food after 10pm. If at all I’m too hungry or craving for something, then i can have a fruit or a few grapes.
- No coke or caffeine after work hours. Try to limit myself to one coffee a day.
- Get back to drinking green tea and atleast one bottle of water per day.
- Little or no rice in main courses while adding more veggies and protein. Add soups to dinner menus.
- Make mental notes of sugar and salt intake. Regulate and control it.
- Finish food in fridge before cooking anything else.
- Finish groceries at hand before buying anymore.
- Minimal usage of Carol’s resources.
- Sleep early and wake up early. I know, this is the toughest of all!
- Make proper use of lunch break at office. Maybe, walk for 20 minutes everyday! Do something other than work.
Well, i know I’m making too many lists. But to me, making lists is the most effective way to get back on track. I’m tuned that way. I think most of the tasks on my list are actionable and pretty much reasonable. Let’s see how it goes. It will be good if i atleast suceed doing half of the list. As Don Tillman would say, it is like a Gordian knot where one of these might help me get everything done.
Talking of Don Tillman, i have started reading “The Rosie Effect” by Graeme Simson. The 2nd one in the series after “The Rosie Project” which was one wonderful book. 50 pages into it, i now think i need to revisit Rosie Project again! There seem to be lapses in memory. 😋 Memory loss at 27(28 in a month!). Anyways, totally loving Rosie Effect but thinking of keeping it on hold and reading Rosie Project again. I’m not exactly sure where to buy the book but need to search for it. For the love of Don and Rosie, I need to reread it.
Good night ppl. Signing off for the day, Shabba Kher.
- Sleep on time.
- Eat on time.
- No matter what, tell yourself “I Love You” at the start and end of the day, everyday.
- Make 2 lists everyday. One for work and other for life. Make them happen without killing yourself.
- Watch a movie once a week and more than one if possible.
- Whenever you think of suicide, think of maa, paa and chinnu. And about the wonderful life you could have lived if you have just learnt to live through.
- Try to do some form of exercise everyday.
- Do not sleep during the day. i.e. weekends. Visit atleast one new place every week.
- Watch all those pending series.. only on weekdays huh!
- Completely read one book every week and write a review on every Saturday.
- You have a wonderful phone. Take advantage of it and make sure you click 2 pictures every day. One of yours and the other of Melbourne.
- Fall in love with yourself and Melbourne again.
- If shopping makes you feel better, do. Splurging on yourself is so worth it.
- Do atleast one online course a month. Doesn’t matter how small or big it is, just decide and do.
- Start preparing your resume.
- Update the LinkedIn profile.
- Sit with Dad and do taxes. Learn about your financial worth.
- Learn the art of investing.
- Make bucket lists for life, for Melbourne, for everything that you can think of.
- Accept your mistakes and learn to move forward.
- Listen, no matter what, you are always worth someone’s time and love. And ofcourse, you are capable of loving someone.
- It is okay to be selfish.
- Understand that you can write the best story of your life only by living it wholeheartedly enjoying every moment of it.
- Keep looking at this list as a reminder and work on it. Keep updating it whenever required.
- Your goal in life is to be happy not just to be someone’s daughter or sister or wife or anything.
- It is okay to be different and thinking like this is NOT A MISTAKE.
When a foreign place starts to feel like home – http://wp.me/p4ohzf-2y