Thanks to the Blogathon 2015, i have too many things to post as i am continuously thinking on what to post and what not to. I was scheduling posts in advance and then holding them just to post something else that i feel i had to post that day. But there are some posts that i have been planning to post since a few months but couldn’t get them done. They are the award posts. So, today when i happened to get one more award from Carl, i really felt ashamed that i had almost 3 pending award posts and one more arrived. I just felt guilty for accepting the awards but not taking them ahead. Hereon, i am planning to accept awards only if i can do posts and carry forward them in 2 weeks span. Now, since i have already given the long intro, let me get to the award post.
So, i have been awarded 2 Leibsters last year. One from Susie and the other from Carl. They are super sweet souls who are just too caring and lovely. No, i am not calling them all that just because they presented me with a couple of awards. I am just trying to describe what they are and i am short of right words to describe them. One look at their blogs and you will know that i am not exaggerating. And if these people think that i deserve an award, that itself is a huge compliment. Thank you guys for the Leibster award and sorry that i had to club both and bring out one post. I hope you guys wouldn’t mind. The word Leibster is a German word, in a rough way means, “valued, enduring, welcome, dearest, kind and pleasant”. It is an internet award, passed from one blogger to another to show support, and encourage to fellow bloggers.
Here are the rules of the Leibster Award :
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (I might have not sincerely followed this one!).
5. Answer 11 questions by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
So, here are the 11 Random facts about me. The truth is i have no idea what to tell. So, i’m just trying to find things to talk from your 11 Random facts.
1. I am the crazy one who questions everything and anything. It really isn’t easy to get me to do something that i don’t understand. I am one tough nut to crack.
2. I am that science student who never wanted to study science. But then, i took up science in Junior college and then did my bachelors in Computer Sciences.
3. All my life, i was the tall girl who stood at the end of the assembly line and who sat in the last benches because of her height. And since the last 8 years, i have become the fat girl. I am no longer called the tall one.
4. I desperately hate the caste and religious systems that are in place in the society i live in. I wish there were none.
5. I am never a religious person but i believe that god or some divine power guides us all the time. “My relationship with God is my personal business”, is the best line i have heard about beliefs on God.
6. I always lacked self confidence. Not sure if i have gained any in the past few years, but that’s something i think i really need to develop.
7. I have issues with Authority and i have been dealing with it since forever and i am still not sure if i will ever deal with it properly.
8. I have been trying to learn German ever since i left college and i made no progress at all. I wish i was more serious.
9. I think i am a hypocrite and there are very few people in the world who aren’t. This is not some kind of justification i’m giving but is just an opinion that i often think about.
10. I have a strong conscience and i think it will never let me go down the wrong path. I am happy i have something like that.
11. I have never played Cricket in my whole life but i love to watch Cricket. Be it any format, i never get bored watching cricket.
Aah, i’m done with the random facts about me. Now, it is nominating bloggers for the award. I am not sure whom to nominate and whom not to, as i think everyone is deserving and that is why i read them without fail. I have even seen many of you already do Leibster posts. So, i first thought not to do this one. But then, i felt that i was being too selfish. So here are my 11 leibster nominees. Congratulations to you all. And if you don’t know any of these blogs already, please visit them. They are really worth knowing.
Then, it is answering the questions. So, first are Carl’s questions.
1. What got you into writing a blog? — I was tired of hiding all those dairies from people and just needed some place safe and secure to rant and also spread out my thoughts just so that i could get some clarity out of them. Strange thing, i never expected that i would see this day. 🙂
2. What do you hope to achieve in the next 5 years. — I want to be a happy person. I want to get a masters degree in something that i really want to. And i hope i find someone i love.
3. What is your choice for favorite exercise/sport? — If you know me at all, you must know that i am the laziest girl in the world. My favorite exercise is Yoga and sport?.. I lovvve watching Cricket. I know i’m funny.
4. What countries have you travelled to? — Countries? No. It is just one country. South Africa.
5. Early bird, or night owl? — Both. At heart the early bird but whenever i give in to any of my addictions, i become the night owl. I struggle not to be the night owl.
6. What was your favorite childhood toy? That video game machine or that chess/ludo board or that kitchen set or that biggg lego set? I think it is the Lego set. I loved it even after i lost most of the pieces.
7. If you were to choose 5 toppings for a pizza, what would they be? — Haa.. this is easy. Extra cheese, fresh mushrooms, Broccoli, chipotle sauce, sundried or normal tomatoes, Roasted garlic.
8. What is one of your proudest accomplishments? — My current job (I just couldn’t think of anything else!).
9. Are you a country person or a city person? — Both. I crave for both privacy and peace. I should say i need a balance. I am more like a town person.
10. How many times have you moved in your life time? Were they difficult? — Lived at home till 10th standard. Then moved to the junior college hostel, which is the hardest of all. Then moved to College hostel and now live in a PG House. Every move is difficult as i get attached to people and things but i cope up well.
11. If i were to fulfill my bucket list item, and come to visit YOU…. what would you like to do? — I would be more than happy to help. All you need to do is to inform me a bit in advance just so that i can be prepared.
So, that’s it. I am done with my post. I am not going to give out any questions. If you are really interested, please answer the one’s that i was asked by carl. I found them interesting.
Thanks & Congratulations everyone. I gotta go now. Bye.