No re, I’m not talking about myself. It is Danielle Steele’s book that I’m talking about.
13 charles Street is the first book of Steele that I got to read. I really enjoyed the book. I always liked stories about the contemporary world. Stories that aren’t too depressing nor too fictitious. No wonder I loved her book. Not sure why it took me so long to pick her book again but this one is worth the wait. Loved Big girl for many reasons. I wouldn’t give out spoilers but would just tell you why I loved this book so much that I’m going for a second read. So, here’s why this became a good read to me. 🙂
1. I’m a big girl too and the thought of reading some story related to the topic is exciting.
2. Different things happen differently in everyone’s life. Just because you have a few things in common, it doesn’t mean that you’ve seen similar life. This book gives a great example for this.
3. Just because you are born to the same parents, it doesn’t mean that you think the same or you’ll have to look the same.
4. Just because a few people in the world think that you are fat and aren’t attractive, you need not stop living your life.
5. Parents might be the most wonderful and equally dangerous breed in the world.
6. Of course, your parents love you and can only think about your goodness and wellbeing. But for sure it doesn’t mean that whatever they do is good for you.
No matter what they say, we are the one’s who should be deciding what’s good for us and what’s not.
7. Parents give you good advices and suggestions from their own life experiences. They think we can play safe by following their footsteps. But what they forget is that no two lifes are similar and one has to make his own mistakes to grow. And the things they think are good to us need not necessarily be good for real as they think with their heart and brain when it’s our own brain and heart who knows what’s best for us.
And if I keep on listing like this, I will end up writing the whole story. So, that’s it for now people. And huh, don’t hesitate to pick it up when you see it. It’s a nice and interesting read.
Take care. Bye.